Friday, March 25, 2011

World Read Aloud Day...a few weeks late!

I have been encouraging my students to show their GENIUS lately by CONTRIBUTING to others. For most of my Middle School students they were very apprehensive at first. For most of them, I feel that it's the fear of what they are contributing won't make a difference or won't be to the quality that the WORLD is DEMANDING. I encouraged them to share any way. Today's post is full of students reading aloud for the world to see. This was a little scary for some of the students, especially when I got out the video tape. Please show your support for these young readers and their CONTRIBUTION to World Read Aloud Day.




Each student had the opportunity to choose a short portion of the story to read aloud to others. Here is a few of the student's choices.

1 comment:

  1. Girls, thanks for reading aloud! These books sound great. I can relate to the first book--I sailed to Catalina when I was a young girl and had a wonderful time, but on the way home the waves were high, and I puked my guts out the whole way back--26 miles across the sea. I was always thankful that I didn't get sick until the trip home! By the way, what is that book called? I couldn't really make out the title.

    I know "One of those Hideous Books Where the Mother Dies" was an Iowa Teen Award winner a few years ago. You've inspired me to read it!

    Keep sharing your genius!

    Mrs. Krebs

    ReplyDelete