Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Asking for Help!

I currently work with at-risk Middle School students who have failed courses. I am looking for ways to improve this program and bring it into the 21st century. I would like to throw out the worksheets and have the students working on tasks that matter to them. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can have these students recover a semester of a core subject, with limited time and while helping them understand the "Why"? Any suggestions would be helpful at this point! Please help!!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mrs. Voyles,
    Read your Tweet and stopped to see where u needed help. It's hard to know exactly what you need since I don't know lots about what you do.

    I teach science...it's what I know the best. I also teach social studies and I can help there. I have found that teaching science thru current events has been the best thing I've ever done and the kids have responded....they blog about what they learn and they love having the dialog back and forth. Have you tried or thought about Posterous? It's super easy and you can create one for every assignment....most kids love it.

    If you come by my blog and/or email me, maybe I can give you more ideas.

    marsha ratzel @ratzelster on twitter.

    ReplyDelete