Friday, March 25, 2011

What Would You Miss Most If You Could Not Read or Write?

After reading Angela Maier's Assignment for World Read Aloud Day, I took this question into my classroom and asked some of my students what their thoughts were. I was amazed with the discussion we had. The students that I've heard tell me, "This is dumb" and ask "Why do I have to do this?" all year really came up with some GENIUS thoughts and discussion. For most of the discussions the students came to the understanding that they are lucky because they have the opportunity to have an education.

After the discussion I challenged the students to spread their knowledge to others. There assignment was to get others excited about reading. Here is one student's thoughts on reading. Look for more to come. 

1 comment:

  1. Strawberry Kenzie, Banana Ashlnn, Sierra, and Dalton,
    (I thought maybe at least some of you are real people!)

    Nice job telling some of the important reasons to learn to read! I have a question, maybe you can answer for me. How did you make the video. I like how you zoomed in and out. It was fun to watch because I never knew what was coming next. It wasn't linear, like a PowerPoint.

    Keep up the good work!
    Mrs. Krebs

    ReplyDelete